Does your child belong in Liwa?
Creative thinking paired with a robust learning environment at Liwa brings students to a hub of energy, knowledge, competition and enthusiasm.
Enrolling at Liwa means enrolling into a journey to become the next youth icon, pioneer or leader. Students at Liwa are recipients to comprehensive yet constructive teaching methodologies, diversity of cultures, an ocean of knowledge, athletic activities, state-of-the-art facilities and a pool of opportunities.
The Liwa way of learning is non-traditional, creative, robust, pragmatic, positive, inquisitive, competitive, enthusiastic and informative.
A curriculum designed by experts in the academic industry, the core objective is to promote research, self-analysis, participation, self-reliance and self-confidence while acknowledging diversity within their local identity, appreciating communities and valuing opinion of key members.
How to apply
- Eligibility is based on the Department of Education and Knowledge (ADEK) rules that specify the minimum age for admission.
- Students applying for grades 2-12 are required to go through an admission test to assess their academic potential.
The following documents are required upon admission:
- 5 Passport size photographs
- A copy of the applicant's passport and visa page for non-UAE citizens
- A copy of the father’s passport and visa page for non UAE citizens
- A copy of the sponsor’s passport
- A copy of the applicant’s National ID
Please note that according to ADEK’s regulations, an applicant without a UAE national ID will not be accepted in the school.
- A copy of the parents’ national ID
- A copy of the applicant’s birth certificate
- A copy of the applicant’s vaccination card
- A copy of the full family book (for UAE nationals only)
- A copy of the final report card or the most recent report if not available at the time of admission
- An official, attested transfer certificate if the student is transferring from a public school within Abu Dhabi and Al Ain, or if transferring from any school in other emirates
- A copy of the electricity or water bill to show residential address in the UAE
**Please note that any certificates or documents issued outside the UAE should be attested by the official authorities such as the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the UAE embassy at the country of origin.
- Parents have to pay a registration fee of 5% of the current school tuition
- This fee will be deducted from the last installment of the school fees
- In case of withdrawal, the registration fee is non-refundable
- The registration process must be completed through ADEC’s school system eSIS
- First-time enrolments (KGs or Grade 1) are required to provide the school’s registration office with the student and parent Emirates ID card
This schedule is valid for future academic years unless it is replaced by a later ADEK approved schedule. Please click on the button below to view or download the approved school fees for Academic Year 2019 - 2020.
Liwa International School Approved School Fees Academic Year 2019 - 2020
Liwa International School is pleased to offer parents the prospect of transporting their children to and/or from school. The following basic rules need to be understood and obeyed in order to ensure that we provide a safe and comfortable journey for our students. The student must:
- Board the bus in an orderly manner
- Be seated at all times in the place assigned by the driver and/or bus supervisor
- Put the safety belt on once seated
- Respect the rights of other students
- Listen to the instructions of the supervisor and bus driver
- Refrain from jumping or standing while the bus is moving
- Talk in a soft tone and not shout in the bus
- Refrain from fighting or addressing the other students, the supervisor, or the driver with inappropriate language
- Refrain from holding any sharp objects (e.g. pencils/ruler/scissors) in hand; these will be removed by the supervisor
- Not ruin, damage or alter any of the bus equipment/apparatus
- Not open the windows
- Refrain from eating in the bus
- Complete homework assignments at home and not in the bus
- Dispose of any garbage in the appropriate bin before leaving the bus
- Show up in within two minutes for the bus, or else the parent will be repsonsible for bringing him/her to the school.
In case if the parents are not available at home when the student arrives, he/she will be brought back to the school. Parents are also reminded that any problem arising in the bus will be reported to the school administration and proper action will be taken accordingly. The school has the right to withdraw any student from the bus services in case:
- He/she violates one or more of the above-mentioned regulations.
- He/she continues to misbehave or creates a nuisance or participates in any inappropriate or aggressive behavior toward other students after receiving three notices of misconduct during one academic year.
- The parent picks up his/her children registered in bus services without prior permission of school administration. Parents are requested to contact the bus supervisor (Ms Iman Matar) prior to picking up their bus-registered children.